Education is paramount to the exchange of ideas and beliefs between nations. The P-3 visa offers art teachers the ability to share their skills and talents with individuals in the U.S. Under P-3 status, teachers can enter the U.S. and train others in their particular discipline.
Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany you to the United States, under a P-4 status. P-4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but may attend schools or colleges.
Your sponsor must forward all necessary documents along with Form I-129 to the INS branch with jurisdiction over the area where you plan to perform. A U.S. agent may file a petition for workers who are self-employed, use agents to book short-term engagements with many different employers or in situations where foreign employer(s) authorize the use of an agent to act on their behalf.
This agent may be the employer of the performer, a representative of the employer or a person authorized to act on behalf of the employer.
For the P-3 Visa, you must provide the following documents:
- A filled-in visa application Form OF-156. Separate applications for each person are compulsory.
- One recent photograph 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
- A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.
- The following are also required:
- Proof that all teaching activities are not-for-profit.
- Proof of the exchange program, provided by a labor organization.
- A schedule of all proposed teaching programs, and details of the agreement.
- Proof of the validity of the artistic discipline, along with details about the two organizations involved in the exchange program.
- Proof that the you, the teacher are recognized in your discipline. This should include a letter from a peer, along with evidence such as articles by professionals in your discipline.
- Proof that you are necessary to the successful functioning of your sponsoring organization.
Download Immigration Forms at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.Related Links