announcements: Priority Dates for Family-Based, Employment-Based and Diversity-Based Petitions as of JANUARY 2019 now available. Click here.

Individuals interested in entering the United States to marry an American citizen, and reside in the U.S. should apply for a K-1 Visa. The K-1 Visa enables you to apply for conditional permanent resident status.


The American citizen should first file a petition, Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e), with the INS having jurisdiction over the place of the his/her residence in the U.S. The approved petition will then be forwarded by INS to the American consular office where the benecifiary will apply for his/her visa. A petition for K-1 status is valid for a four months from the date of INS action, and may be revalidated by the consular officer.

The consular officer will then notify the beneficiary when the approved petition is received and provide you with the necessary forms and instructions to apply for a K-1 Visa. Because you are an intending immigrant, you must meet certain requirements similar to the requirements of an immigrant visa applicant.


The following documents are required for the K-1 Visa:

  • A passport, valid for travel to the United States for a duration more than the intended period of stay by at least six months.
  • A birth certificate.
  • A divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse.
  • Police certification of all the places you have lived since the age of 16.
  • A medical examination.
  • Evidence of support.
  • Evidence of a valid relationship with your fiance(e).
  • Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) , with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.


Download Immigration Forms at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Related Links
Terms and Disclaimer

By submitting this form, you agree and understand that all information contained in this appointment form will be kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and will not be released without your permission; also, that submission or having a consultation with any of our attorneys does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Your appointment is not final until confirmed with you via call or email by Tancinco Law Offices, and until appointment feeĀ of $150 is made via Paypal or credit card. You will receive information of next steps once this form is submitted.

Latest News and Updates
  • One Hallidie Plaza, Suite 818,
    San Francisco CA 94102
  • Toll Free (888) 930-0808
  • Tel No. 1-415-397-0808
Copyright © 2019 - Tancinco Law Offices Site by Pixelhub - Custom Web Design and Development